• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! I suck when I huck!

njswede

150cc
Definitive evidence that I suck. I went out for a little lunchtime huckin' today and put my cellphone on a bench and recorded some of it for fun. It's kind of humbling to watch (at least if you're me). I'm way, WAY too rough on the control and I'm constantly wrestling the plane. See for yourselves:

[video=youtube_share;U6wBrkzZlag]http://youtu.be/U6wBrkzZlag[/video]

I also think I need to make the plane a bit less tail heavy. It can barely fly straight and level.

njswede

150cc
Yup, that's the TH Extra Slick. I'm flying mine on 2s batteries, so it's pretty tame. Reportedly, it get's pretty feisty on 3s... :) I haven't tried it yet...

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
The extra slick is great. Good flying. Always fun to watch videos of other folks flying. Got in some flying on my slick today as well. Love that thing.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
NJ,

You might try reducing throws to smooth out your 'huckin'. I've been flying on reduced throws lately and for most 3d stuff (with the exception of stick banging stunts) the lower throw seems to make life easier. Try maybe 30 deg or so deflection and only moderate expo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too! I swear, it looks like I'm flying in that first video. I've only had balsa models until a few days ago and was "afraid" to try and progress my skill set, but I just got the TH Extra Slick and I hope it will help me get over the hump and move along.