• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I need a little Help

Hello All
here is my question myself and other club members have checked throws and all so my problem aileron roles roles to the right quick and tight roles to left slower and loose kinda barrel shape what am i missing here. Thank You in advance

Mike

If they are barrelling, then you need a little differential on the left side. You will have to decrease the amount of travel on the right aileron, in the down position.

Thanks got the barrel fixed rolls tight both ways but still rolls to left are slower than right still confused your help is still welcome.

Mike

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
normally the plane should roll faster to the left than the right because to the left you're giving in to torque from the engine which is trying to roll it left anyway. the engine is turning the prop to the right and the plane would like to roll in the opposite direction as a result but the controls keep it from doing that. so it's weird that your airplane actually rolls faster to the right than the left. do you have a lot of left trim? maybe the wing is warped and favors rolling to the right?

Last edited:
i know it is different checked for warped wings ect ect and none of us see anything that is out of wack just thought maybe someone had the same problem at some time keep the ideas coming please

Thank You

Everyone

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
what manufacturer/model airplane is it? are the ailerons hinged exactly down the middle of the wing's trailing edge? maybe one is off-center and creating more camber in one direction than the other?

hard to say without being there to look it over

Dan767

70cc twin V2
Any rudder or aileron trim? Do the ailerons fair (even with) the trailing edge when the plane flies level (or when it's sitting on the ground and ready for flight)? Fly the model directly away from you and see if it's flying in a crab to the right. Incidence angles the same for both wings and elevators? Right thrust on the engine more than 3 degrees? Just guesses, hope this helps in some way.