• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I JUST GOT TO HAVE THAT!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I much rather be old and stupid, having fun, than dead and buried! Can't hover a plane or eat a cheeseburger when your dead!:frown:
Pretty sure dimes, you would be hovering a cheeseburger and eating a plane. That's truly what age does to you. Just sayin'.....

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I predict that @Hoosier06 successfully hovers his big bird with mental therapy.....I mean mental telepathy. He will WILL his plane in to a hover! for 2015! Rudder, elevator, aileron and throttle management will seem like flowing water across the mind!
He WILL be so excited He WILL go eat a cheeseburger!

P.S. Wrong thread but I started it and "I DON'T KNOW WHYYYYY!!!!"

Last edited:
I predict that @Hoosier06 successfully hovers his big bird with mental therapy.....I mean mental telepathy. He will WILL his plane in to a hover! for 2015! Rudder, elevator, aileron and throttle management will seem like flowing water across the mind!
He WILL be so excited He WILL go eat a cheeseburger!

P.S. Wrong thread but I started it and "I DON'T KNOW WHYYYYY!!!!"

I'll be the first to tell you when it happens. lol

Pancake

50cc
I say, instead of efi, why not a super charging direct (mechanical) injection like on YS motors? Leave the computers and sensors on the ground.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I say, instead of efi, why not a super charging direct (mechanical) injection like on YS motors? Leave the computers and sensors on the ground.

I believe 3w "heavy fuel" engines do just that. They do not offer them up to the RC market but still can be had for lots of $$$$$$$$$$$

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I believe 3w "heavy fuel" engines do just that. They do not offer them up to the RC market but still can be had for lots of $$$$$$$$$$$
Give it time. I would be willing to bet every dollar in my pocket that within the next couple of years, we all are going to see some really awesome fuel injected motors, charging systems....aaaaaand, much much lighter on board starting systems. Not to mention some really amazing four stroke gassers. Valach is one company that is really stepping up the pace. DA will hopefully get theirs ironed out. I remember years ago when my buddie Tom Joyce first introduced me to Giant Scale. It was not very scale, very heavy airframes and un-godly weak and bulky gas motors. Now look what we have. 42%'ers that weigh nearly what a 50cc'ers did years ago. And motors that are so impressive that it is getting pretty difficult to find a bad one. I remember when it was the other way around. Pretty difficult to find a good one. :lol2: