Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Howdy From Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GSAV8R, Jun 2, 2017.

1. GSAV8R

GSAV8R New to GSN!

I just discovered this site due to a fellow club member who visited Joe Nall and met someone who represents this site. I am a member of the ARF ( Always Ready to Fly ) Club In Livingston, Texas. I have been involved in modeling since my first rubber powered kit in 1957. My father flew control line and bought me the little kit. Of course I was too young to build, but I was bitten by the balsa bug. I have dabbled in all aspects of the hobby and prefer large scale models. I am a big fan of WWI and Golden Age planes. I currently have a 1/3 scale Sopwith Pup, a 1/4 scale Travelaire 4000 biplane, a 1/4 scale Aeronca Champ, a 1/4 scale J-3 Piper Cub. I have started to build a 1/3 scale Aeronca C-3, but it is on a back burner. I really enjoy the hobby and the friendships I have developed over the years. The bite of the balsa bug brings great rewards!

Doc, Herman Syx, WMcNabb and 2 others like this.
  2. Welcome! Glad to have you here! I am from Texas aswell, Jewett Texas, but now live in Illinois! We had a booth sat up at Nall on the 3D line. I believe my buddy Kerry Snider flys there in Livingston as well as Ronnie Chumm. Welcome to the Family. :yesss:

GSAV8R likes this.
  3. Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Lets see some pics of your awesome fleet! :yesss:

GSAV8R likes this.
  4. WMcNabb

WMcNabb GSN Sponsor Tier 1

TN, USA
    Welcome to GSN!!

Would love to see photos of the Travel Air, and the rest of your fleet.

GSAV8R and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Buddy5303

Buddy5303 70cc twin V2

Welcome aboard. I love just down the road in Huntsville. I fly out at Barnstormers in New Waverly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSAV8R likes this.
  6. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

:welcome:

Welcome to the best RC site on the whole WWW. . . . . . . :yesss:

Buddy5303 and GSAV8R like this.
  7. Welcome. I just also found out about this site a couple days ago.
    I enjoy the golden age planes also 007.JPG Rich's Turner.JPG photo[1] (2)[1].JPG .
    Here's my fleet...

Richard

Snoopy1, AKNick, dhal22 and 5 others like this.
  8. HRRC Flyer

Hey @Jetpainter,

You need to check these bad boys out! ! ! ! ! . . . . . :big_yes:

pawnshopmike likes this.
  9. HRRC Flyer

:welcome: Hello Richard,

You certainly have some AWESOME looking racers. I LOVE the R3, but who doesn't?. . . . . :yesss:. With planes like those, you will fit right in with the rest of us. The guys on this site are all like one big family. They are all willing to help out a fellow member whenever the need arises. Kick back, grab a cold one and enjoy your stay.

David

pawnshopmike likes this.
  10. Thanks Dave, I appreciate the welcome!

Richard