• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Homepage title / header bars.

tl3

50cc
Well I like this version of the site much better than the earliest iterations, and think it's vastly superior to others out there, I do have to say the white, translucent header bars on the homepage seem rather unprofessional and actually detract from the subject rather than highlight it. Otherwise, kudos on the site, keep on keeping on...
t

SleepyC

150cc
Thanks for the kind words!
And I pretty much agree with you. We have been working on the home page here and there trying to refine it.
One of the things I am hoping we can do is stop the site from Zooming in on the artwork.
It seems like it would be a simple click of a setting but it's not.

SO.. we are aware of it and it's on the to-do list, and eventually we will make it right!
But seeing that we're being copied reciently certainly makes us feel pretty darn good.

And again, thanks for the input! Nothing get's better with out some constructive criticism!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
if I were running another site and was comfortable bragging that I was the biggest there's no way in hell I'd go ahead and copy another site to the degree that our format has been copied.

having said that, i agree with @tl3 and we're going to get back to refining the homepage as we have time. after all, we have to refine our page so FlyingGinads will know what to do with theirs!!

Thanks for the comments @tl3 ! We appreciate it and will get back to work improving the homepage very soon!
Bart

Speaking of copied, lol, I clicked on other site and thought I was here as it's been a while since I've been on either. This site is really looking good. A few things I'd love to see here:
- Thread pic button, shows all pics within a thread together.
- New thread post list where the member info is.
- Recent classifieds somewhere on the main page. A lot of days I don't have time for reading/posting but I do like a quick look to see if I'm missing a killer deal on something I don't need! :D
- I'm not sure if this is everyone, but on my screen the pics on the main pg look grainy.
- More members! Maybe we need a fund raiser to run full page ads in the major RC mags?

Keep up the Great work guys!

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
I also am not a big fan of the transparent boxes over the content. It makes a mess of the pics/features. I don't know if zenforo allows you modify the featured threads boxes, but I have created a re-do of one in photoshop to see how clean it can look. It would also allows you have a longer title of the particular forum header. See bottom efest box vs one above.
zenforofix.jpg

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
thanks a lot for doing that bobzilla, we're using a stock format at the moment as we continue to dig out of the mess that was our initial four or five months.
we've been looking at this stuff and we're making plans including asking @boomrollkick about his availability to do custom site work for us again.....you may recall he saved us from the internet dust bin back in October!!

we know you guys want the best site possible and we share that desire with you so we're continuing to work on it. my apologies if it isn't happening quickly enough for everyone. :)

Bart