• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hi everyone!

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I am planning on trying out gas for the first time. I want a plane I can fly for a LONG time. I can currently get 8 minutes out of my EF MXS on 6s 5000s. I just bought 3300s for it to really bring down the wing loading. So that will bring my flight times down dramaticly. Anyway, I am thinking on a DA-60 in whatever airframe I decide on:)

ryan_m

100cc
Good choice on going gas... I've had two 50cc electrics, and the 5:30 flight time just sucks.
My old 64" MXS was getting about 6:30 on 3300 batts, and the plane flies better with the lighter batts. You will like it that way!

DA60's vibrate a lot, that's the only drawback to that motor. I just built a plane with a 70cc twin cylinder on it, started and ran the motor for the first time today. Maiden flight is tomorrow on it. Way smoother than the 60cc singles I've had. The couple of those I've had have wound up shaking the airframe so much that I was doing repairs on something constantly it felt like. Much looking forward to the 70cc twin. Something to think about...

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the info. I was thinking 60cc for its power and DA is right here in Tucson if something ever went wrong with it. I am very open to suggestions for sure. I will probably make a thread in the engine section for suggestions:)

wesley.

70cc twin V2
stock-vector-blue-smiley-face-with-a-sign-welcome-149594675.jpg

I have one DA 60 and love it. I dont think you would go wrong with it mine has crazy power.