• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hi All

ThrashFan

New to GSN!
Yo whats up everyone, Im new to this hobby and a friend of mine turn me on to this site. Looks very cool and has a ton of really great information. Look forward to getting to know people here.

Thanks [MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] for helping me out dude.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Welcome to the site. I just joined myself recently. Tell us a little about yourself. What kind(s) of planes do you fly or want to fly? Where are you located? I am in San Antonio and fly a little of everything. Getting all of my attention right now is a 25% Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon. On the work bench, and one of the reasons I joined this site, is a Redwing RC 55cc YAK 55M. Again, welcome.

Bipenut53

150cc
Welcome to this site and to this great hobby, whatever you want out of this hobby is out there somewhere, just got to ask!! Dont be afraid to ask questions because thats how you learn!!
Again Welcome!

ThrashFan

New to GSN!
Well I was flying a Sukhoi 29mm but the other day I drilled it into the ground and it is beyond repair so now I have nothing. I'm still a greenhorn when it comes to flying. I was lucky enough to get the Sukhoi from my friend Bushwacker. For now I'm going to repair my UMX Raidian glider and play with that for a while. I've been laid off so my budget to buy something new was pretty much zero but I start a new job on Monday so after catching up on some stuff I will be able to venture out and find a new plane. For now I think I will stick with foam planes since they can take a beating and keep going with a little glue and tape. Lol, I live in Oregon lived here all of my 47 yrs.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThrashFan

New to GSN!
Thank you for the Welcome and yes this is a great site. Lucky for me I have my friend Bushwacker that is showing me the ropes. Hopefully one day I will be able to fly like him. I've been watching a lot of vids on youtube and various hobby sites and am blown away on what I see. The stunts just blow me away that can be done with rc airplanes. The speed some of them do Holy crap!!!!!

Bipenut53

150cc
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] is a great guy! Do you have a RC simulator? They do help in combination with flying. If you are going to stick to foamys, check out Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak series. I have the 32" and the 39" versions and they are great!! I like the 39" better because it flys a lot like a balsa model and can take bumps and bruises pretty well and being EPP foam it is easily repaired. Twisted Hobbys uses Welders glue and I did on mine but there is some stuff out there called Foam Tac that I have heard very good things about and when (lol) I do another one I will use that for the glue. You will like the Crack Yak series. Here is a video of it flying, I only wish I could fly that good!! lol

[video=youtube;fjSwEwB6Fjc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSwEwB6Fjc[/video]

Oh and good luck on your new job!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ThrashFan

New to GSN!
NO I do not have a simulator but Bushwacker is willing to lend me his to practice with, I do need practice. My Raidian is a piece of cake but jumping from that to the Sukhoi was a shocker. I have seen the Yaks at one of our local hobby shops. That's probably what I should stick with for now. Wow that kid is really good in that vid. I can do those stunts but not on purpose and the out come wouldn't be good. Thanks about the job.

Bipenut53

150cc
Lol yes he can really fly!! And a very nice and helpful too!! I enjoy his videos, he has quite a few. Yes jumping from the Raidian to a Sukhoi would be a shocker!! Like going from a bicycle to a unicycle lol.

Biggest thing is don't let anyone rain on your parade, if you are having fun then that's what its all about!!