• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hey Giant Scalers!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
So black Dirt is about 3 hours from you. It's near Goshen, NY. Tony Bonanno has a great IMAC meet there in the fall.

Thomas

30cc
I'll have to check it out. I also enjoy Vintage RC Society membership and some of the fun-fly's in central PA and western NY.

Glad to find this place.
As I wrote in my info page, I have been building and flying RC for over 40 years now. I started with Comet kits, and progressed thru C/L and into sport RC.
My Father brought home a Comet kit one day and that started was all it took. I built just about every one they produced. I still have many Comet and Guillows kits in my stash today, waiting for Grandsons to build.

Right now on my bench is NORTHSTAR kit (Balsa USA) that is my fly-off-the-snow plane because I fly all seasons here in PA.
I also have started my Bruce Tharpe SUPER FLYING KING which is being modified into the SUPER HAULER which is seen on his website: btemodels.com I have a DLE-85 going up front.

I am the Pastor of a Baptist Church, so my building time is not as free as some, but it makes me focus on quality instead of rushing through a project.

I look forward to reading, joining conversations, and gleaning good tips along the way here in the GSN community!
Thomas
(aka: Red_Jeepster in other flying forums)
Welcome friend!:welcome:

Thomas

30cc
Thanks for all the nice greetings. I look forward to making this my favorite "go to" site. I'll do my best to add to the knowledge base as much as I also glean from it.
I've learned a few things in 40+ years of building.

wesley.

70cc twin V2
stock-vector-blue-smiley-face-with-a-sign-welcome-149594675.jpg

Thomas

30cc
One of the things I've noticed is that the majority of Guys here are focused on the 3D Giant planes. Myself, I am more of the Giant "Scale" aircraft, like the Ziroli F6F Hellcat I built from plans, and the Hostetler Cessna L-19 Bird Dog from plans which will be next "scale" project.
Currently I am building from plans: A modified "Super Flying King" which was designed by Bruce Tharpe.
This one has 144" wingspan, and is powered by a DLE-85. It is designed to be a Utility plane, carrying cargo of technical value for testing. Mine will be equipped with various items such as onboard video, a cargo release doors (bomb-bay), and attachment points for both Sailplanes as well as Parachute Jumpers.
I am not much of a 3D pilot, although I did enjoy attending the last T.O.C. held in Vegas over 10 years ago. That same week I drove south to Mesa, AZ for the SCALE MASTERS Championship.