• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help With Motor Timing and Poor Throttle Response (Gecko 120HV)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok today I tried to fly the Extra with the 19x10 and it was the same throttle response. I really like ZTW, however this 120HV is getting yanked tonight. I am could back to old faithful the "Castle" the Ice 2 80HV. Stay tuned.

I'm sorry :(

I flew 2 flights yesterday on the 120hv I have, using 8s and a heavy 19x10 APC, and while the response honestly felt a little slower than the 150hv, it was responsive enough for me to have fun. I'd like to get a few more flights and report more info soon. Maybe video too.

AKfreak

150cc
Don't be sorry bro. There isn't an exact science to this stuff. Certain combos work, while others don't. Also there's personal taste involved so that makes things even more difficult for manufacturers to make everyone happy. With that said, anyone want to buy a Gecko? ;) Hey, knowing my luck, ZTW will release an update to the firmware and it will smoke the Castle.. Doh!

Thanks to this thread I ordered a 150HV over the 120HV. My amps should be south of 80, but it was only a few more grams and $10 more dollars. With the 28 pole hackers I know the castles are not happy.

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
Hey, everyone -- I just wanted to chime in and let you guys know I have contacted ZTW about this issue. I'm hopeful they can identify the problem and release a firmware update to fix it. I will report back when I find out more from them. In the meantime, we'd be willing to take back 120A OPTOS and exchange them for 150A OPTO for the $10 different in price, no matter if they are new in box or used. Contact us at support@altitudehobbies.com.

Garret

I sure am glad I got my 150HV from garret. Got it in the mail today in fact. Noticed the extra wire. Never put in a spark arrestor. Where do you get one?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I sure am glad I got my 150HV from garret. Got it in the mail today in fact. Noticed the extra wire. Never put in a spark arrestor. Where do you get one?

Matt, if running two connectors for series, just solder it to the red power lead wire, and always connect that one first.
If only running one connector and your using a y adapter, install the wire with a 2mm bullet connector on one of your batteries red wires, the connect that before the main connector.
You just need to charge the caps to prevent the spark.

I use powerpoles so I don't need a adapter. I hook one batteries red to the others black and then hook the other two connector up to the ESC. Do I crimp it into the red on the ESC connector and hook the red up first?