• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from Mount Joy,Pa

Dennis

30cc
Hi,
I started flying at my local AMA field 4 years ago,Apprentice,TH foamie,Visionaire,3dHS 71"Slick.
I had no intention on making such a big jump, figured a 89'' would be next,however! I had an offer I could not refuse on a Aeroworks 300 Extra 100ccQB:) I put 2 very docile flights on her last Saturday and the size sure makes my knees knock! Any suggestions or advise I am happy to receive. Proud to be a member and hope to do the right thing here. Thanks everyone!
Dennis

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Welcome (again) to GiantScaleNews.com Dennis, glad to see you've got the account worked out! :)

Jump right in and ask away, we can help with a lot of stuff but maybe the knocking knees will just need to be flown off. Very nice airplane you've got there, no turning back now!

BalsaDust

Welcome to the site. Like Bart said the knee knocking will go away with more flight time and every time you get a new plane they will start knocking again for a few flights.

Dennis

30cc
Welcome (again) to GiantScaleNews.com Dennis, glad to see you've got the account worked out! :)

Jump right in and ask away, we can help with a lot of stuff but maybe the knocking knees will just need to be flown off. Very nice airplane you've got there, no turning back now!
I thought the knee knocking was caused by old age?Probably a combination of a giant plane and old age:)

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Welcome aboard Dennis! I used to fly IAC contests (full scale) at Donegal Springs Airport near you. Now fly IMAC a lot.

If you have an interest in precision scale aerobatics (IMAC), there are a few contests not too far from you. Hagerstown, MD (Pegasus RC) is holding one this weekend....which is the first one for many of us in the northeast. There are also contests at State College, PA and down near Bowie, MD.

thurmma

150cc
Welcome to GSN Dennis! As for the knee-knocking, it never quits, just gets less noticeable :) After you get a few more flights on the big plane you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. The old saying "Bigger flies better" is true. I have a 42% Edge from Pilot and a 40% 330LX from 3D Hobby Shop that I use for IMAC. I love the big birds. They present very nicely and are a blast to fly.