Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

H9 15cc Carbon Cub

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by AKNick, May 8, 2016.

1. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I'm betting that really thin section of the cowl between the intake and the muffler will eventually crack. I'd reinforce the inside of it with some fiberglass at least to strengthen it up.

Also I agree with the permatex, Terry Wiles did a really good video on how to make the gasket from that stuff:

pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  2. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    I just realized I never responded to these. Small engine/muffler makes the permatex layer look larger than it was to be honest. But thanks for the feedback.

The plane flew SO much better with the VVRC 21cc engine than the little RCGF 21cc Twin, it started easier, overall performance was much better/reliable out of the box. I must of had a lemon. Tom at VVRC traded me the RCGF 21cc Twin for one of his VVRC 21cc engines with a couple props.
    I didn't realize that was going to be the case, I mistakenly thought my RCGF would be warrantied & returned since I didn't trust the engine (customer satisfaction not that great), and I asked Tom for a RCGF 26cc instead or one of his engines. He said the 26cc would be too big for the cub, and we settled on his engine after a phone call. With all of that said, I'm happy with the customer service at VVRC although I wish things were a bit more clear with the warranty. Tom is a swell guy.
    Now the engine was still breaking in, and it did fly well. The H9 15cc carbon cub was a little heavy for my taste and I would have rather used the RCGF 26cc due to all the glorious reviews it's been getting (although not on this airframe) and it might hand start a little easier. Just my 2 cents.
    Someone offered me some cash for just the airframe on this model and I decided to strip it and let it go. Just wasn't the bush plane I dreamt it would be for my missions and little escapades. SO it has a new home now. . . And is being converted to electric by it's new owner.

3. Prodrvr

Prodrvr New to GSN!

I bought the RCGF 21cc twin for mine based on your video and this thread. Mine runs like a clock. Maybe you got a bum one?

AKNick and Bartman like this.
  4. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    Thanks for your input and sharing the success you had with the RCGF 21cc, I do believe I had a lemon. It was unfortunately was never reliable enough for me. Mostly my idle and throttle response were lacking.
    Glad the video helped! The 21T sounds pretty good doesn’t it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Prodrvr

Prodrvr New to GSN!

It does sound great! Can't wait to finish the plane and get it in the air.

AKNick likes this.