• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN throwin insults!!!!!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
had a Saito 150 on my 1/4 scale clipped wing cub....with a three blade graupner it would hang on the prop at the top of uplines and then do the prettiest tailslides.

just like a real clipped wing cub! :)

it's being converted to electric now so we'll see how that goes.

Super08

70cc twin V2
Do-rag;3959 wrote: I have had a few good ones over time as [MENTION=258]stangflyer[/MENTION]; said I have had many good Saitos not to mention the OS 1.60 on my GS Edge profile.

The 1.60FX is a killer engine if that is the one you are referring to.

Super08

70cc twin V2
I had sold and given away all of my glow engines except for my old collector ones about 5 years ago. Now I have come full circle and have a bunch of them. They still fill a niche and are nice to have around.

Do-rag

100cc
Super08;3981 wrote: The 1.60FX is a killer engine if that is the one you are referring to.

That would be the one. I have run it on 30% heli fuel from day one on a jerry smith pipe never missed a beat. Let it set one time for about 8 months and first out it fired on the first flip.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I'd have to go with Saito. I have 1 left 100, it's been a great little engine. I have an os 91 4ST on Senior tele, it's my sons if he ever decides he wants to play. I've had magnum 4sts and they ran great, but just not the power of the saitos. I had a saito 180 on a GSS, and it had to go, the 180 liked the fuel a little to much, probably my fault, back then all I had was 2 throttle settings, WOT, and Landing.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Super08;3982 wrote: I had sold and given away all of my glow engines except for my old collector ones about 5 years ago. Now I have come full circle and have a bunch of them. They still fill a niche and are nice to have around.

Tough to get rid of something that gives you so much pleasure... even if it is slippery and smelly. :rolleyes:

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Bunky F. Knuckle;2701 wrote: If you go to the forum page, and hover your mouse over the user name, you can see in the lower left of your screen, and user sign up number. Mine is 38. Or even on the name in the thread.

I called myself doing that, but didn't get a sign up number.. Guess I'm doing something wrong.

SnowDog

I had a Saito FA-115 that was awesome...still love the sound of a 4 stroke slimer.

Anyone heard the OS four stroke gas engines...what do they sound like?

Do-rag

100cc
Not so much different that a Saito. My dad run mostly OS's until I got him to try one of my Saito's. Main for using Saito's they seemed a bit lighter.