• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN Product Review - The Soloshot2 Robotic Cameraman!

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
SleepyC

After the review when you walked closer to the camera, instead of staying on the Multirotor, cam started following you, did you remove the tag and have it on you ? or was is it a glitch? (couldn't be a glitch! the way cool manner in which it tracked the multirotor was great)

PS
One could embed it into the baseball to track the it flawlessly ! no ?

SleepyC

150cc
Herve, I think it is, the specs say:

• The Base rotates 360 degrees at 80 degrees per second. For every 100ft a subject is away from the Base, SOLOSHOT2 is able to track at a speed of up to 100mph.

A friend of mine has one of these. Took 3 units to get one that works. It does work now though. If you keep it back a ways and then don't do super abrupt direction changes it does fine. Example: fast tight square loop will get you out of frame.

We were joking about putting a spot light on it for night flying.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
A friend of mine has one of these. Took 3 units to get one that works. It does work now though. If you keep it back a ways and then don't do super abrupt direction changes it does fine. Example: fast tight square loop will get you out of frame.

We were joking about putting a spot light on it for night flying.
Using spot lights for Night Flying is a blast. Known as Redneck night flying we do it Out West

I have one coming and mostly what I do is XA/3D so I will see how well it works. Pretty cool idea with the spot light. Have to mull on that one.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
@Yakman @Don Sipes The guy in the little brown truck just dropped mine off at the side door. I will have to study the Instructions and get it ready to use this weekend, weather permitting. Looks like we may be getting RAIN for the next 3 or four days
IMG_3954.JPG

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
I believe it could be mounted under a canopy, like leave the hatch off and let it warm up and then put the canopy on... Once on it will last up to 4 hours, so multiple flights would not be an issue.
Actually, you can't mount it under a canopy until AFTER it's warmed up and paired with the base, isn't that right? Also, please confirm or correct me on this, but once it's warmed up, you walk it around the 50 steps, then pair it with the base, you can move it from plane to plane without having to be 50 steps away, right? Hit the + sign to turn off recording, but don't turn it off. At least I think that's correct.

Also, I finally had it set up, paired and tracking last weekend. Put it in a gasser, but as soon as the pilot revved up the engine, the tag kept switching from 'Record' to 'Standby'. Once off the ground it stayed in 'Record', but maybe the vibrations on the ground are too much? I had it mounted to the fuse using velcro. Should I mount it on some foam to absorb the vibration?

Thanks for the answers.

Bob

SleepyC

150cc
Yes, mount it after it's warmed up. I would def use foam behind it, vibration is never good and moving from plane to plane should not be an issue once it's warmed up.