• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP Escapade

Not a complete build thread, but I wanted to show this.

While building my Escapade, I happened to take apart the fuel tank (because the vent line was wrong). Look at the two clunks. Notice that only one has a hole in it. Look at the fuel line. See the dirt inside? Imagine what a beginner ARF builder would have encountered using this tank. Way to go GP!

Attachments

• 20141121_092825.jpg
    20141121_092825.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 20141121_092841.jpg
    20141121_092841.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 264

-Rick-

100cc
Not a complete build thread, but I wanted to show this.

While building my Escapade, I happened to take apart the fuel tank (because the vent line was wrong). Look at the two clunks. Notice that only one has a hole in it. Look at the fuel line. See the dirt inside? Imagine what a beginner ARF builder would have encountered using this tank. Way to go GP!

Some of the beginner arf's seem to designed to give new people lot's of grieve. I was putting one together and when I reached across the work bench to pull the fuse towards me I ended up holding the motor and firewall! just enough glue on it to hold it together for shipping.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yikes...those are some definite horror stories. Imagine this if you will: Newby gets ARF with plugged clunk and dirt in lines. Doesn't check cuz he don't know better. Installs into said ARF with weak firewall. Firewall lasts long enough for maiden..... dirty plugged fuel line causes motor to die.... on the way down, motor falls off due to excessive yankin' on the stick....as most newbies do.... motor falls on pilot, plane falls on car... I have actually witnessed similar things to this. Primary reason I build "ALL" my tanks and double check every single glue joint. Firewall or not.