• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

OK silly question:

How does the firewall move? That's pretty cool. Can you post a pic of how they pull that off? I've never seen that before.
Thanks !

SnowDog

If I'm not mistaken, the firewall is not mounted to the engine box when the plane arrives - instead there are metal (aluminum) brackets provided which you bolt to the motorbox and the firewall once you decide the location (distance) of the firewall; this allows you to cut the motor box back, if necessary, before you mount the firewall. Of course, you would have to ensure the thrust angles yourself if you do this, I believe.

someone with a Pilot airframe correct me if I'm wrong?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary, I'm new to gas engines and just got a gp61. Why did you do this, should I?

It's all personal preference.
The idle set screw allows you to mechanically set the idle, so no matter what, the throttle never moves below that point. The down side is it must be done with the cowl off, (unless you have can reach through a port in the cowl) and periodically adjusted for engine break-in, or when flying at different field elevation.

Since modern computer radios can easily set the low idle using end point adjustment (travel adjust) it's an unnecessary feature for me, and so I just remove it.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the GP world!

I've got 4 GP engines now :D

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
i think it is also important to note that setting ldle via the screw, negates the ability to kill the engine via trims or a throttle cut