• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Gorilla Glue

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I glued in some hinges last night and wanted to share a couple photos. I just ran out to the shop and it literally took 10 minutes and all nuggets are off and cleaned up. I spray WD40 on a rag and wipe down leading and trailing edges before I glue. Then you can see the dried poly nuggets fall right off of the mono. Final wipe with denatured alcohol/finished. I have done testes with spare hinges and balsa and literally the hinge will break before it pulls out of the joint.
There are times when epoxy is used but these aerobatic birds are a piece of cake with the gorilla.

My 2c
Terry/ I tried for the first time with no Vaseline on the joints for the rudder and you were right/ they popped right off.
Yea, I know I got a little wild on the glue..
Huh!! Who would have thought? WD40. Bet I remember that for next time. Great idea.