• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Giant Scale Axel Oil anyone make the stuff?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I like to use a little Lube
7731=2901-$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jDMsBQh8Jq(Ydw~~60_57.jpg
7731=2901-$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jDMsBQh8Jq(Ydw~~60_57.jpg

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
SleepyC;6076 wrote: I wanna start using old man Pony Tail grease.
I have ceased washing my hair and will start taking orders next week. PM for details. (Sorry no quantity discounts until a surplus is available.)

...Steven (no the other Steven)

attachment.php

7739=3093-hqdefault.jpg
7739=3093-hqdefault.jpg

Super08

70cc twin V2
I tried some dry graphite lube and it worked. Not sure how it will be in the long run but it works.

What I want to try is dry lube for travel trailer slideouts. It comes in a spray can to spray the gears, racks, etc so they will stay lubed and not attract dirt. Sounds like just what we need for our wheels.

Krytox 283 is the only oil(grease, actually) that will work properly in this application.

I'll never understand how you guys put thousands of dollars into an airplane and don't blink an eye...

and then you want to go and get all frugal with something as important as wheel axle grease.

I mean, really... what's another couple thousand dollars. One tube will probably last you a lifetime. :rolleyes:

Ooh. Found a 2oz tube for only a couple hundred. Score! :D

[COLOR= #FFFFFF][SIZE= 11px]DANG that's some expensive grease!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Admin;5866 wrote: So since this is an oil forum.

Who makes a good main wheel axel oil, cause every airplane I have ever seen squeaks like a mad mouse when you are dragging it to the flight line...

ANYONE?!

Assuming you are serious, try a drop or two of glow fuel or your mixed gas on the axle, it is cheap and available. It has worked for me in the past.

When you get home give the axles a shot of brake or carburetor cleaner to prevent greasy build-up and it cleans away any dirt build-up.

Personally though, I have been trying for years to figure a way to make my axles squeak and the sound to be amplified by the wing panels. There are some folks out there that seem to like being the squeaky wheel and I'd like to drowned them out!

SleepyC

150cc
slowhuck;7739 wrote: i have ceased washing my hair and will start taking orders next week. Pm for details. (sorry no quantity discounts until a surplus is available.)

...steven (no the other steven)

attachment.php

haha