• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

General Prop discussion thread

hone

150cc
Wood. I haven't tried any CF props yet. Maybe i'll get one when i find the prop size i like best. Those CF props are pricey :veryshocked:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wood. I haven't tried any CF props yet. Maybe i'll get one when i find the prop size i like best. Those CF props are pricey :veryshocked:

yeah, they are. I'm getting ready to order a CF prop for my 71" Slick, DLE30. It's spinning cheap valley view RC 19x8 beechwood really well, so I'm thinking it'll really love a nice 19x8 CF prop.

-G

I used a lot of CF props in the past. When I discovered Vess and found them to perform as good as CF with out the worry I never went back. Didn't like worrying about landings. Dennis

gyro

GSN Contributor
I used a lot of CF props in the past. When I discovered Vess and found them to perform as good as CF with out the worry I never went back. Didn't like worrying about landings. Dennis

so a Vess 19B would be most similar to a 19x8?

I would say so. you must remember Vess has a tapered pitch. It may start out as 8 at the base but it tapers out at the tip. I've talked to Richard several times trying to understand his props. when he starts to talk the math I get a headache. I do know he tests his stuff in a wind tunnel. They do spool up fast but can create more noise. He told me the difference between A,B,C is about a 1/2in. All you can do is try one.
A example is a friend of mine needed a prop for his DA 150 on a 40lb. plane. I am using a 32 B and I gave him a 32 A. My 3-w likes a little more loading and DA likes the higher RPM's. He is very happy with the A. I got lucky on my guess. Dennis

joshgluck

100cc
I would say so. you must remember Vess has a tapered pitch. It may start out as 8 at the base but it tapers out at the tip. I've talked to Richard several times trying to understand his props. when he starts to talk the math I get a headache. I do know he tests his stuff in a wind tunnel. They do spool up fast but can create more noise. He told me the difference between A,B,C is about a 1/2in. All you can do is try one.
A example is a friend of mine needed a prop for his DA 150 on a 40lb. plane. I am using a 32 B and I gave him a 32 A. My 3-w likes a little more loading and DA likes the higher RPM's. He is very happy with the A. I got lucky on my guess. Dennis

Are Vess grades the same as xoars grade? Does anyone know if there are equivalents for smaller electrics?