• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

General Prop discussion thread

As i told Gyro talking to Vess is mind bending. He is far ahead of me in the math, i just smile and say "OK". you would have to talk with Xoar and then probability still not be sure. Xoar's taper could and probability is completely different.
Picking a prop for a engine and airframe is SO a personal choice no one can say this is the best. As long as you keep it in the right RPM range the brand and type is really what turns your crank.
For aerobatics and 3-d you want the engine to hit the RPM's without speed. You need fast throttle response. Most of the flying is done at half throttle or less only when you go vertical do you need the power.
I see very little change in my planes from 3/4 to full throttle. The last thing you want to do is rip the prop. If that happens you need to move up on the prop. When you rip your getting nothing from the engine or prop.
I'm going to add this. I now have a new plane. Never had a Pilot and I don't know if a Vess 27B will make me happy. All i can do is fly it and see. Knowing how my 3-w works i tend to think I'll not want a A and I know the C will make the plane fly faster. after 8 or 10 flights will answer that for me. Dennis

Last edited by a moderator: