• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Jets Gen 3 Shockwave Build/Assembly

Do-rag

100cc
Looking good anxiously waiting to see it finished. But not as much as [MENTION=38]Bunky F. Knuckle[/MENTION];

I got a chance to do some work installing the clear canopy into the canopy hatch and install the motor hatch. All this is pretty straight forward and no problems were had. There had to be some minor filing of the dowel pin holes to clean them up to allow the hatches to be put on and off easily. Then the clear canopy was taped off and trimmed to fit the front hatch. This had to be one of the easiest canopy installs I have ever done in all my building. The clear portion once trim dropped right into position with only a series of magnets spaced around the frame to hold it into place. I used RC56 glue to install. I will let sit in it's position on the fuse so as not to twist the hatch while glue is setting up. I will give this a couple days to dry throughly.

I also had the chance to fit and glue the fuel cells together. I cleaned up all the edges of the parts to get a better finished edge for a better fit when gluing. I then used a dremel to go around all the proper surfaces to scuff these surfaces for glue. I used VPOXY for gluing and parts have been set aside prior to determining the fitting locations for each tanks fitting. These couple tasks were not difficult to complete but I wish they had done the tank assembly at the factory. The smoke tank was already assembled, so I do not understand why this was not done.

While I had the glue out, I also install the exhaust pipe mounting into rear of fuse. This was spot glued with CA to hold it's place at 7/16" from rear edge of fuse. Prior to tack gluing, I scuffed up the surface to help CA and VPOXY adhesion.

16191=10909-125_2579.jpg
16191=10909-125_2579.jpg
16191=10908-125_2581.jpg
16191=10908-125_2581.jpg
16191=10907-125_2583.jpg
16191=10907-125_2583.jpg
16191=10906-125_2584.jpg
16191=10906-125_2584.jpg

Bunky F. Knuckle;16432 wrote: Im watching you, Stek!! Watching you drag your toes thru the sand on finishing this masterpiece....

LOL !

What I like is that you are watching. It just may want you to move up to one.

Thanks for chcking it out.

Admin;16447 wrote:
attachment.php

How did I never think of magnets for this!! Joe you are a genius!

No genius here, just a modeler that uses every trick I can think of to get the job done. Besides, others have done it this way on other builds. This canopy fit made the choice of using the magnets a fast way to get the job done.

Hope it helps you on a future project.

This is what build threads are about, learning a different way of getting something accomplished in a project.

as722;16589 wrote: Very nice Joe, any chance you might come to our jet event in October?
Thanks Albert. I have been considering attending, but my big thing is my work schedule. A big maintenance project that will shut down one of our main production lines starts mid Oct and they have us working weekends to get production ahead of schedule. I am holding out hope cuse I would really like to make it. I have seen other postings about this event and field and it looks like a great event.

What days are good to attend ? What days will you be there ?

By the way, I see that you are flying your Hawk 100. Looks good. Hope that you like it ?