• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fuel Tank plumbing question

Alky6

150cc
FWIW and just curious, why does fortitude recommend a parallel system for 64oz if a parallel system is a bad decision? Here is the link, the data is at the bottom of the page. I can't state one way or the other as I have never done a parallel system. Only series on old school nitro rc boats.

http://www.fourtituderc.com/rtu-fuel-tanks.html

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Parallel is the only method that will work with two big high volume tanks.
The series method is good when you have one big and one small.
Parallel method will make you actually work with two tanks there is no issue with the air sucking cause both are almost equally being drained.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Parallel is the only method that will work with two big high volume tanks.
The series method is good when you have one big and one small.
Parallel method will make you actually work with two tanks there is no issue with the air sucking cause both are almost equally being drained.
any restriction in one side will cause the fuel to come from the other side of the system. the path of less resistance.

Thomas

30cc
Daytonarc, I think what you said makes perfect sense.
In a perfect calculation, the tanks would feed equally, but then, we all know what is expected in calculations rarely comes out in real life.
Glad I put this to the Gang for advice. I am going to look for the simple approach - with less fittings, and margin for error, by putting in a single large tank.
THANKS GUYS!

Now the search for a tank...
The RTU tanks at Fortitude are nifty, but KA-CHING $$$$$ wow.
Doesn't anyone make their own tanks at home any more ?

Last edited:

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Parallel tanks like parallel batteries.
It work the same way the only thing that is missing is a "tank share":)

Guys, no need to worry the benefit is bigger than one big tank.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I run a big Ocean Spray bottle in my Raven. It's 64 oz I believe, and runs my DA150 through 15 minutes of IMAC style flying. Just set it up with your preference of 2 or 2 lines and go. PSP makes a nice but $$ aluminum cap, but it's easy to just put a nipple in the stock plastic cap, then seal it with "Seal-All" and go fly.

Thomas

30cc
My next trip into town will have me trolling the isles for a great tank. I hope I like the juice ! Lol

G257945

30cc
My next trip into town will have me trolling the isles for a great tank. I hope I like the juice ! Lol

Save your self the tragedy of a fuel leak and spend the best dollar you can by getting the PSP cap and fittings. Viton o-rings is the only wise and real foolproof way to seal a fuel tank.

Scott