• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fuel Tank plumbing question

Thomas

30cc
Hello Gas Guys,
I am putting 2 32oz tanks in my current project, and obviously I want them in parallel. What is the best way to go?
There is also a Dubro Fuel Filler being planned.
Common thought is to just plumb one tank into the other, then draw from one "master" tank. But I am considering a "T" drawing from both tanks at the same time. The filler would be the same way, filling both at the same time. Overflow vents accordingly.
I guess I should tell you it is a DLE-85 that I am feeding with this set-up.
What say ye?

Last edited:

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Very bad idea. Tanks will empty at different rates depending on many factors including attitude, Gs, restrictions in lines and or vents, etc. When one tank is empty the other could still be almost full. Result is dead stick with half of the fuel still on board.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Hello Gas Guys,
But I am considering a "T" drawing from both tanks at the same time. The filler would be the same way, filling both at the same time. Overflow vents accordingly.
My "Very Bad Idea comment was about the above part of the original post. Two tanks is not a problem but you need the clunk line from first tank to engine, vent line from the first tank to go to the clunk line of the second tank and the vent line from the second tank to the outside. You can either fuel through a third line in the first tank or through a T in the line from the first tank clunk line to the carb.

Thomas

30cc
My "Very Bad Idea comment was about the above part of the original post. Two tanks is not a problem but you need the clunk line from first tank to engine, vent line from the first tank to go to the clunk line of the second tank and the vent line from the second tank to the outside. You can either fuel through a third line in the first tank or through a T in the line from the first tank clunk line to the carb.
That would be "in series" fueling. Are we saying THAT would be better than parallel? hmmmm.

G257945

30cc
Yeah, I'm building a large "cargo hauler" and want lots of on station time due to video and other missions. Super Flying King from Bruce Tharpe.

How about a single 64oz. Juice bottle. Simplifies plumbing and a ton lighter.

Scott

Thomas

30cc
How about a single 64oz. Juice bottle. Simplifies plumbing and a ton lighter.

Scott
Yeah that will work also. I happen to have two 32oz tanks. The weight is not an issue, we're talking a couple ounces of that in difference. I will look into a single tank - it's funny how we get our mind set on one thing and overlook the simple! Duh! Lol

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
That would be "in series" fueling. Are we saying THAT would be better than parallel? hmmmm.
In parallel will result in sucking air when the tank with the least resistants is empty.

sucking air will result in a deadstick.

Do what you want but you have been informed.