• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Freestyle Flight

dskuro95

100cc
Hey Joe and Jim!
I am currently trying to come up with a routine for my first King 50 this year and for my IMAC Freestyle flights. I was wondering if you could help me pick songs for the style flying in a segment. Or give me some manuevers I could throw in. I can do most 3d manuevers. Please give me suggestions!

Thanks,
dskuro95

P.S. I hope to see you at a LOT of events this year.!

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Hey Joe and Jim!
I am currently trying to come up with a routine for my first King 50 this year and for my IMAC Freestyle flights. I was wondering if you could help me pick songs for the style flying in a segment. Or give me some manuevers I could throw in. I can do most 3d manuevers. Please give me suggestions!

Thanks,
dskuro95

P.S. I hope to see you at a LOT of events this year.!
Just some thoughts for you.
Music, pick songs you are familiar with, Listen to some of the top RC competitors and listen to their music. The more Popular music you use
the better it tends to get the crowd involved. Easier for you to fly to also. And no matter what songs you choose to use there will be someone
out there that does not like it. Don't use music with fast beats, slower songs are easier to fly too.

IMAC freestyle is not 3D to music. You will not win anything flying 3d at IMAC freestyle events. Use IMAC maneuvers and pick 8 or 9 that you are
really good at and put them in your routine. You can mix in some 3D stuff, but you wont get any points for 3D or low. The Crowd will like it more but the
Judges wont.

The hard part is putting music to your routine and make it all fit together. That takes time to do and to learn how to do it.

I really can't and wont pick your music. I don't know you. Figure most IMAC judges are not young, so pick music for the age group that will be judging you.
Rap and hard metal doesnt go over very well.

The King 50 is really totally different than IMAC freestyle. King 50 means lower the better, just opposite of IMAC.
For the King 50 you will want 70% 3D and 30 % IMAC. Use the IMAC routines for a couple big sky maneuvers and 3D for the WOW and low factor.