• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FLI V at the 114th Sponsored by 3DHS and 3DRCFORUMS

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
All this talk of props so maybe I should jump in and ask, I switched from a 24x8 Xoar (recommended by DA for 3D) to a Vess Stealth 24B. I switch mainly because the hub on the wood Xoar just kept compressing and I eventually felt it dangerous. Maybe the laminated version would have been better The Stealth is definitely a better prop but it feels like top speed I am flying in third gear. I bought my Stealth right before the Falcon 24x9 came out but I am having problems thinking 1" pitch change will help this. Has anyone tried a 24x10 for 3D on a DA-60? These are expensive to keep trying new ones till you get it right.

Av8r RC

50cc
I am a little curious what most run on their DA60's also. I did some searching when I was putting together my 89 slick and saw a lot of ppl recommending the Vess 24B. So that's what I've been running on mine. (there were other prop suggestions by other mfgs, but Vess's are easy for me to find local)

I was going to try a 23B, which a flying buddy swears by on his DA60 equipped Wild Hare Edge. But I was having tuning issues that day and a firewall about to give out.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Maybe this question should be directed to 3DHS but I have not seen any confirming posts on whether or not they will be at Grapevine with their Van of goodies especially the new stuff. I remember when I first picked up my 71" Slick at this event a couple of years ago. Has anyone heard yea or nay on this yet? 3DHS ???

robj

70cc twin V2
Hey Ray...bring an extra ignition!! Funny, I carry one with me now.

But looking to make this event. Friday morning at the earliest I would guess. The week before my wife and I will be in Hawaii for the first time. And I hope to get in a few flights with a local addict on his 104 and 87! :)

gyro

GSN Contributor

But looking to make this event. Friday morning at the earliest I would guess. The week before my wife and I will be in Hawaii for the first time. And I hope to get in a few flights with a local addict on his 104 and 87! :)

Hawaii is awesome! which island are you going to? Please give Sk8rob a big hug for me!

-G

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It

I got a chuckle at your post even though it was not funny at the time. I have not bought a spare yet because the motor is still under warantty and the ign is free. e and they were quick to swap of out. Glad to know you have one so "I Can Borrow It If I Need To" :)

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got a chuckle at your post even though it was not funny at the time. I have not bought a spare yet because the motor is still under warantty and the ign is free. e and they were quick to swap of out. Glad to know you have one so "I Can Borrow It If I Need To" :)

I remember how frustrated you were.