• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Filling gouges and scratches in balsa

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I do the same thing that jetpainter does except I just have a little small tub made by DAP. Super lite wieght and sands really easy.
I like the Hobbico HobbyLite Balsa Filler or the DAP. Both work great but the DAP is handy because you can pick it up anywhere. Both are light weight, dry fast and sand easy.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I do the same thing that jetpainter does except I just have a little small tub made by DAP. Super lite wieght and sands really easy.
I was looking for a small tub, but this was all the hardware store by my house had. Plus I think it was like $8. Even if I throw most of it away it's still cheap.;)

It turns out I had some old towel rack holes to fix a few weeks after I bought it, so the large tub came in handy.

Has anyone tried the top coat drywall mud instead of the all purpose? I know on the drywall it is really nice to work with and seems to have a better finish. I always need all the help I can get for a smooth finish.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Evercoat works very well.
41NWoYKVbrL._SL1500_.jpg