• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? Field power supply

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
When an RC club advertises that it has power on site, is it connected to the grid or does it have some sort of solar solution? I'm asking because my club is looking for ways to grow and generate cash flow and we're currently looking for investments that we can make to draw in members and other fliers to our events. We currently borrow generators from club members for our largest event but we don't have a solution for daily flying.

It's also the reason why I automatically go gas once I hit a certain size of model. As do several other members of my club.

njswede

150cc
When an RC club advertises that it has power on site, is it connected to the grid or does it have some sort of solar solution? I'm asking because my club is looking for ways to grow and generate cash flow and we're currently looking for investments that we can make to draw in members and other fliers to our events. We currently borrow generators from club members for our largest event but we don't have a solution for daily flying.

It's also the reason why I automatically go gas once I hit a certain size of model. As do several other members of my club.

I don't know what it's like in other clubs, but at GCA we have a solar-powered system that charges a bunch of car batteries. The system works really well! If you're interested in details, you may try to reach out to Xsubsailor and Jamesrini on this site. They were the ones who built and designed it.