• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

hone

150cc
Just ordered a Blue, Red, and White 91" Extra. I still have a chub!!
Ahahah i didn't even see this before! Hilarious man! Congrats on the 91, i want one but i think i'll get the Yak when it comes out instead :)
ha!

im still amazed at the quality of my MXS. its almost built better than my ol lady, and shes stacked.
Hehehe :veryshocked:
I like that it feels like you can pick up the planes without breaking anything. Plus they fly AWESOME! You need to get that MXS together and fly it!

wedoitall

hope'n to have my mxs ready by the weekend. wanna fly it at a normal club field to see how she handles before i fly it inside the small box of trees i normally fly at. wish i had a decent field kinda close to my house.

hone

150cc
I'm sure you already found the answer by now but 2 x 3", 2 x 6", 1 x 12", 2 x 48''

The new 48'' Yak EXP is super fun. I almost killed it already when i hit the wrong direction on the rudder :)
[video=youtube;oakbksqWSTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oakbksqWSTw[/video]

[video=youtube;iHRT0BGMtXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHRT0BGMtXw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hone1er- :thumbup:Great rollers! How do you keep those rifle rolls going so long? I'm still working on the directional rollers. Any tips?
The near miss was (selfishly) refreshing but I am glad you didn't wrap it up.

hone

150cc
Hone1er- :thumbup:Great rollers! How do you keep those rifle rolls going so long? I'm still working on the directional rollers. Any tips?
The near miss was (selfishly) refreshing but I am glad you didn't wrap it up.

Thanks! I learned my rifle rollers by starting in a rolling harrier and i would slowly raise the throttle and make the stick movements smaller until it was going full throttle with full aileron deflection. It's really all about practice though. Just try and do them on your foamies and you'll learn quick. I learned them on my TH 32'' Extra Slick, then the sim, then balsa. It's one of my favorite things to do now. I did almost kill my MXS doing them when i missed my timing though, that was scary :veryshocked:

m0dest

30cc
Nice flying man! I want that little Yak so bad.

Just about got everything to start building the 91".

hone

150cc
Nice flying man! I want that little Yak so bad.

Just about got everything to start building the 91".

Thank you! The Yak is super fun and i really wanted something i could throw in the car with the wings on. The plane does amazingly axial rolls and i love that about it.

I wish i could get a 91'' Extra but by the time i have enough money for that the 91'' Yak will be out and i might go with that instead. Although the 91'' Extra looks AMAZING!