• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

hone

150cc
Thanks Bryan. I got one more video today. I had a lot of fun with the MXS :p [video=youtube;gnpGtFodDyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnpGtFodDyE[/video]

This one is also in HD

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Thanks Bryan. I got one more video today. I had a lot of fun with the MXS :p [video=youtube;gnpGtFodDyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnpGtFodDyE[/video]

This one is also in HD

That was more down low and dirty, bigroger style flying in a small box... Very nice.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Feral, their 2x 30C 4s4000 packs (gensace) in series for 8s. gets about 5:30min hard hucking and over 6min taking it easy.

Bryan, nothing like flying in a tight box to hone those finger buddy.

I always flew bigger air at the flying club plus the club guys didn't like the down low and dirty type flying. The park is sweet for this, plus the grass landings are super soft and tail dragging in grass is much more pleasant that on concrete!!!

Nice flying Joe, quite sedate from what I'd seen from you previously. (just wondering if you were a little hungover or something)

Congrats also Joe on picking up the 3drcF sponsorship, truly deserve it, great guy, great pilot and great ambassador to the hobby!

hone

150cc
Thanks a lot Rog! I spent the whole day yesterday flying my MXS high and fast at the club yesterday and didn't get to do much 3D. Like you, i have a few stinkers that don't like the low and slow.

That got me in the mood to fly some up close 3D in the backyard today. The guys at my field wouldn't like my youtube channel very much :p

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
That kinda sux Joe, but at least you know you're in great company. The 3D guys that get a hard time at the flying club.

I must admit, I kinda thought for a while it might have been my personality but, it seems the anti 3D situation reaches across cultures, continents and time zones, so it clearly not just my personality!!

Just get a key to your club and fly when the 3D knockers aren't around, that's what I plan to do when I get the 91" extra up and running. Everything else I plan to fly at the park from here on for a while.

Loved the little rudder drag you did on that latests videos!!

hone

150cc
The anti 3D guys seem to be everywhere. They leave the field by 11 or 12 though and i have the field all to myself after that. The only other people are the heli guys cause they hear the same thing about flying over the runway. I have fun watching the heli guys i just take a few steps back aha.

The only thing that bothers me about them saying i can't do 3d over the runway is that they do full throttle passes over the runway all the time. Most of the time i wait until no one is flying to fly my plane and i still can't 3D over the runway but they'll have 5 guys in the air doing low passes in different directions. They say it's not safe to 3D over the runway :facepalm:

But I've been wearing out my MXS. I've been sooo impressed with how durable the kit is. I've put my MXS in the dirt a few times and haven't hurt anything but the LG. I was surprised the LG block and motor box held up to my last crash. I need a back up MXS but my wallet is hurt after building the 78'' Extra and i also want the 48'' Yak and 60'' Laser.

Feral

Cheers Rog im getting Gyro's motrolfly to put in 70" extra the funtana isn't cutting the mustard anymore time to harness some electrons