• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

dribar

70cc twin V2
You can definitely consider Doc an expert in the field. He's helped me with quite a few setup and flying challenges with the 48 and 60 inch EF planes.

dribar

70cc twin V2
Thanks! I liked the big one so much, that I just bought the 60" electric version with a Torque motor / Airboss ESC combo. It's on the bench now, and I can't wait to fly it!

My youngest son has the EF 48" Russian thunder yak on his bedroom wall. It was retired early in the year but man was it a great plane to fly.

dribar

70cc twin V2
Nope - I used the elastic head mount and just stretched it around the cowl - slid it on like a sock. VERY simple approach and you can rotate it around the plane anywhere you want.

Here is my first attempt at an in flight video on my Yak. I learned a lot.
1) don't record video late in the day, lighting is better at high noon
2) use a vibration absorbing mount to reduce jello effect
3) don't make the final video too long

Anyway, check it out.

https://vimeo.com/105185073

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
I've had a big couple of months with my various Edges. Please visit my blog and read all about it.

In August I built a new Edge for Edge EXP__Testing: Hi Tec's New HS5070MH Servos , and that was an eye opening project. I think we will all be flying 7.4 volt servos in our 48" planes before too long.

Here are a couple more Edge articles:

Video Showcase: 48" and 60" Edge EXP Bonanza

Extreme Flight 48" Edge EXP__Rediscovering The Classic .

Finally, it's been a long time since we shot a half speed video, mostly because they never seem to work unless something special is going on. In this case we had a spectacular sunset, coupled with the lovely soundtrack and slow hypnotic aerobatics. I am not often pleased with any of our videos, but this time I am going to allow myself to be satisfied.

[video=vimeo;118100963]https://vimeo.com/118100963[/video]​