• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
that was some tough wind you had to deal with there! ;)

I live on a peninsula, so there is almost always a wind of some sort. In the summer we get that late afternoon shower about 4pm every day and it's always preceded by pretty gusty conditions.

Doc I feel the pain of your airframes. You really put those bad boys through the ringer! Fearless flying!

Thanks......... I think.

I've been flying EXPs for going on four years pretty soon, and they are build so stoutly that I just fly them hard and don't worry about it. I've never had any kind of problem unless I actually crash the plane, and even that they hold up really well and protect the equipment.

I've got a high speed blender-into-a-Full throttle-KE-spin move that will break an X mount every so often, but it does say something that I can break an aluminum motor mount while the wood airframe remains unfazed!

For some odd reason that video won't go full screen, so here is the link if you want to see the thing blown up to full size.........

https://vimeo.com/96866109

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, we don't post in this thread much but, Aaron loves his 70" EF Extra so much, we had to put today's video up. This is an unplanned flight for an IMAC Freestyle event after our contest. Borrowed the music from a friend's IPOD, thanks Earle! Hope you enjoy the flying. I think he's gonna be really good when he starts planning routines :p

[video=youtube_share;fDY1HHnq2gY]http://youtu.be/fDY1HHnq2gY[/video]