• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Manta

70cc twin V2
ya you be jammin bro. 100 deg just pisses those motors off. Ive ran them 1.... i cant say ill get scolded. :)
I did the 16x8 on the edge. Ignorant power lol. 16x7 i dont think is underpowered but you will feel the difference when coming off the 8.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Ill look in the store in the morning when Mac opens up. If he has some ill message you. He used to keep a couple for us.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have 2 16x8's xoars new in bag and no 60" planes to use them on..

How's the new job? Did you stop doing vinyl ? Was going to recommend and Gyro thought you took a break. T, F?
Fixing my 60 extra (bad solder joint crunch from 50'- fuse canopy n cowl). Picked up a 60 Laser. 78 extra doing great. Got a second (missed first by 85 pts) at first IMAC. Be well.

wedoitall

I have 2 16x8's xoars new in bag and no 60" planes to use them on..

Santigo FTW!!!!
^^ Boom. Ill still take a peek tho in the store. :)

yea let me know. other than just straight vertical, the real difference i could feel the power loss was in rolling harriers. At first i thought i was rudder throw that was letting me down and having to work harder but im pretty sure its the lack of wattage.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Here is the difference that you will see in power from the 16x7 to 16x8 one your Motrolfly. I am also thinking about trying the 16x8 but the 16x7 does have lots of power and is easier on the motor and ESC so I have never changed. Watts go from 1480 to 1691. Amps go from 66.6 to 76.4. On Kens site the 480 on 6S is 1400w and 65A Max ratings. There are many using the 16x8 however with no problems but do mention staying out of full throttle. I would change if it had more air going over the control surfaces at hover and slow speeds but not for raw power.

Attachments

• Region capture 1.png
    Region capture 1.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Region capture 2.png
    Region capture 2.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 153