• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

AKfreak

150cc
Nice mini review Joe. I need to clear up a few little things and finish mine. It's taking me way to long to finish.

I have not yet tried mine with just SFGs. The tips and the SFGS really tone down the roll rate so maybe it is the tips that is doing that.

hone

150cc
I really want to try the tips but the roll rate is about where I like it now. If I add the tips I'm sure it'll slow down my roll too much for my taste.

Loving the plane so far

AKfreak

150cc
Hey guys, I am finally working again on the mxs, I know there was some mislabeling that took place. I have one bag that says Main Wheel, I have to assume that means Main Wing. And one that says Stab. This has to be for the elevator.

Do I need to be aware of a problem? Is it the turnbuckles for the elevator are in the, "Main Wheel" bag and the turnbuckles for the ailerons are in the stab bag.

I also remember reading the elevator servo should face rearward, and the arms should be on top, but I need to use 90mm turnbuckles, then use the intended stab turnbuckles on the ailerons.

Also I remember easing there is an extra set of horns, and I should use the long ones on the stab.

A quick clarification would be extremely helpful so I can move forward without any frustration or delays. Thanks. AKF

Use the longer of the two turnbuckle sets on the ailerons and use the after market ones on the elevator. Patrick and I used h9 turnbuckles and mounted the spline forward with 2" arms to eliminate any chance for a cam over after I had one last year that utterly destroyed a 78 on it's second flight. I also got 80+ degrees of up travel. I have toned it down on the radio to about 65. Down authority is more important to me and that is limited by the horn.

Use the longer horns that are in the other bag that you have already discovered.

So far I have discovered that SFGs and no tips is the best combo for me. The tips add 84 squares of wing area which is useful, but the roll rate suffers.

AKfreak

150cc
You have a link to the exact H9 turnbuckles I need to buy? Thanks for the information, its very helpful.

Now I just need to finish hinging my wings and then I can do the motor and wiring, then set up the servos and gas tank. Things are going smoothly enough.

I think I used the 3.5" ones. I won't be home till next week to check. Easiest is just to measure with the forward spline location and add in the ball links to the measure. I might have posted it earlier in the thread.