• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Well since this thread relates to this aircraft, here's a picture of mine with the VVRC40 installed. Running a 20x9 Falcon prop and carbon Falcon spinner. Plenty of servo grunt with Futaba BLS172SV servos all around (514 in. oz. each).
Plane has about 12 flights on it so far. Great flyer that can far exceed my capabilities. :tongue:
IMG_1917.jpgIMG_1941.JPGIMG_1941.JPGIMG_1943.JPG

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
7100 ballpark on the ground if I recall correctly. Only checked it once on initial adjustment prior to first flight. I really like how the twin hides itself in there. Ducted properly and it hides nicely. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Well I got in my maiden today and I am so pleased. Special thanks to Capt. Roll for the extra set of eyes and "thumbs" today. So new plane and new VVRC 40 motor and both performed flawlessly. As I am trying to break in the motor I did not want to have any low to no speed flying I basically limited it to rolling circles some big loops and knife edge. From what I saw this has a "lot" of authority from all control surfaces and even in low rate rollers were easy. In some PM communication with Liberty10, Alan feels that maybe max elevator needed may be 60º and he may be right. CG was so spot on for me balanced right on the wing tube. I did not have to input "any" trim clicks to any surface. That was a first and even knife edge did not want to push in any way although be careful with rudder as you do not need much. I am sure when I really start pushing it some minor experimentation will be necessary. Landings were pretty easy with no feeling that it will quit flying if you go too slow. It wants to float but will slow down if you let it with easy flairs to landing. As this is my first MXS I did not know what to expect because it is know for it's aggressive tumbles and extreme control authority but on low rates it was like my 60" Laser on low rates, it really was grooved. Even though a 40cc size plane it presents itself in the air just like my 87" 3DHS Extra. I am so happy at this point.

The VVRC40 ran wonderful and everything you hear about the smooth idle is true. Absolutely no problem idling on asphalt without moving. Throttle response is smooth with no hesitation. For breaking I am using the popular Vess 20B.

Tyler McCormack was kind enough to video a quick flight today of my MXS on the Motrolfly 5335-195. This is the PT 21x12W carbon electric prop which is not enough prop for the motor, but it makes a cool "burnout" sound from idle before it bites the air. I clocked it the other day on the GPS onboard around 108 mph average.

[video=youtube;bhsewh-Pakw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhsewh-Pakw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

We took turns flying it on a Xoar 23x8 after this and it was much nicer with that prop. I am debating changing the power system to a 3500 watt one and get the weight down to 13 pounds and put this monster on something a bit bigger. Since the power system likes a 23x8, any of the lighter 50cc planes should be fine. The same list of the DA-50 planes you were looking for that led you to this plane. The list is not long or distinguished.

Got a couple of gopro videos from today. I was doing a test to get the weight down to simulate a lighter weight setup. Not sure this is enough power for me, but I sure liked the wing loading better.

[video=youtube;EElo3VQDrXM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EElo3VQDrXM[/video]

[video=youtube;kBKMumf3nxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBKMumf3nxM[/video]

hone

150cc
Just got home from being at the field all day. By the end of the day I was really feeling the plane. Tried no sfgs or tips for a few flights then went to just SFGs. Never tried the tips. I REALLY like the SFGs. The plane flies great without them as well but I was really diggin' the plane with them on. The SFGs really increased the low and slow stability and didn't hurt the roll rate much.

I was having the most fun flying this thing fast. It just grooves at high speed. Super fun. We were flying off a full scale runway so I had a lot of fun just doing the longest slow rolls I could and a bunch of low point rolls. The MXS does both of those beautifully.

That's not to say it didn't do slow good. Actually, the plane was super stable in upright and inverted harrier, high alpha KE was smooth, and hovering was super stable. Waterfalls reminded me of the 64" which did amazing waterfalls. I was having fun with the waterfalls for sure.

Next i need to try the racing tips but for now I'm really happy with the plane.

uploadfromtaptalk1412398554680.jpg