• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 104 Extra

gyro

GSN Contributor
All is ready now apart from the spinner Gary.

Ran up the gp123 several times yesterday, and now it starts as easy as any other well set up motor.

Still a little rich on the low end and plenty of black crap coming out of mine as well.

Cant wait to get it in the air.

Get her flying! :)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
lol... Sure will mr 9 months, or was it 11 months to build yours?

ohhhhhh!!!!!!!!

fc,550x550,royal_blue.jpg

HA HA HA LOVED IT!

gyro

GSN Contributor
yes... it was 9 months... BUT... yours is built and not flying! mine only waited 2 weeks for maiden after she was finished :p

Nice one Rog, nice one

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
yes... it was 9 months... BUT... yours is built and not flying! mine only waited 2 weeks for maiden after she was finished :p

Nice one Rog, nice one

I will say in Gyro's defense he has built a huge amount of planes in the last couple years. Last I heard it was around 30 or so? Geez, that's a full time job right there!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I will say in Gyro's defense he has built a huge amount of planes in the last couple years. Last I heard it was around 30 or so? Geez, that's a full time job right there!

40 + in the last year and a half. The 104 got bumped quite a few times as others being used in reviews had a higher priority.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2

Nice one Rog, nice one

I know, I know, in my defense I only got the motor running yesterday arvo.

As soon as the spinner arrives it'll go into the air.
Its a long way from USA to this back water!!

SnowDog

I'm so glad you got the motor issues figured out Bigroger...I know that was a long arduous process, so I'm glad it's behind you now!

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Youre telling me!! Frustrating to say the least, and to find it was only that pissy little sensor causing the issues.

So much for the marketing hype that GP Taiwan factory run every single engine before it goes out to their distributors.

There are many people having starting issues with this motor, so much so that even Kole has suggested to start with a slow flip of the prop which IMHO is damn dangerous advice to give for anything this big.

Hope GP get right up Rexcel about these issues before someone loses a finger or worse.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Youre telling me!! Frustrating to say the least, and to find it was only that pissy little sensor causing the issues.

So much for the marketing hype that GP Taiwan factory run every single engine before it goes out to their distributors.

There are many people having starting issues with this motor, so much so that even Kole has suggested to start with a slow flip of the prop which IMHO is damn dangerous advice to give for anything this big.

Hope GP get right up Rexcel about these issues before someone loses a finger or worse.

I don't think it was Kole who recommended that... unfortunately, there are a lot of people providing misinformation over in the engine thread on FG. I'd listen to Fergus since you got your engine from him.
[MENTION=2]SnowDog[/MENTION] was with me while I was starting mine. it wasn't a slow flip :)

however, when the needles were off, it wouldn't start well. once I got close, it only took 3 or 4 adjustments to get a very good tune. [MENTION=165]Twistedgrim[/MENTION] helped me A LOT.