• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

E-flite Beast 60e Aerobatic RC Plane, ARF

Tim H.

50cc
I just pulled the trigger on the pre order! I was waiting on the Bigfoot, but I can have this flying AND my 74" Edge flying at the same time. I LOVE the Beast, Python, S-12 so it was a no brainer... I already have the motor, servos, ESC, for this so it'll be a quick build when it arrives. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Bigfoot later this year maybe.

Cheers!

Oh, I ordered a Matchbox too. So we'll see how that may simplify the aileron 4 servo setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just pulled the trigger on the pre order! I was waiting on the Bigfoot, but I can have this flying AND my 74" Edge flying at the same time. I LOVE the Beast, Python, S-12 so it was a no brainer... I already have the motor, servos, ESC, for this so it'll be a quick build when it arrives. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Bigfoot later this year maybe.

Cheers!

Oh, I ordered a Matchbox too. So we'll see how that may simplify the aileron 4 servo setup.

Congrats Tim! I think we're going to go the AR8000 route with ours, might try the AS3X with Matchbox later.

Going to purchase servos tonight, I believe...

Btw, going to have my 74" finished tonight, got an ESC yesterday :)

Tim H.

50cc
I'm really toying with the AS3X idea. I do need a receiver for this one (well, if I don't want to rob something else). I'm really excited about this one! I love Bipes!

gyro

GSN Contributor
That video looked awesome, this plane is going to be a ton of fun!
Servos ordered. 4x HS-5245MG, 2x HS-7985MG.

hone

150cc
In the video they're using the AR635 AS3X RX.

I have a DSMX module for my Hitec Aurora 9 so i might install it and get the AS3X RX. I'll need a matchbox too though.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[video=youtube;U5cf92plLBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5cf92plLBE[/video]

That sure looks nice. So help me out. The 4 aileron servos would go into 2 y harnesses and into the 6 or 8 ch Rx or they would go into a matchbox (never seen one $?)?
Is that correct? Thanks guys. We have a local or two on the list so I'll be able toast w get a pull!

hone

150cc
That sure looks nice. So help me out. The 4 aileron servos would go into 2 y harnesses and into the 6 or 8 ch Rx or they would go into a matchbox (never seen one $?)?
Is that correct? Thanks guys. We have a local or two on the list so I'll be able toast w get a pull!

With the matchbox you plug all four ailerons into the matchbox then plug the matchbox into the aileron channel. All four surfaces only take up 1 channel now. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/matchbox-servo-matching-power-system-JRPA900#t3

If you read the persons review in the link in posted he explains it well.