Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dual Fiji Bottle Fuel Tanks? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Scale Civillian and WarBirds' started by fencelake, Feb 15, 2016.

1. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

I'm building a 1/3 scale super cub, and I'm thinking instead of having my 1 liter fiji bottle fuel tank sticking into the cockpit I was thinking about daisy chaining 2 500ml fiji tanks together up forward so that they're not exposed into the scale cockpit.

Does anyone have any advise or expertise? or photos?

thanks!

2. rplante

rplante 30cc

attachment.jpg like this?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  3. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

Yea! I guess it does work!

4. I ran dual 500ml Fiji's on my Yak for a while. I think I have pictures and can email them to you.

fencelake likes this.
  5. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

That would be awesome if you have pictures! Do the tanks feed as a "Y" to the engine?

6. rplante

rplante 30cc

no pick up from first tank goes to vent line on second vent on first tank to atmosphere fill line and pick up from second tank

7. Bottle on the left has the fill line. Bottle on the right supplies the carb. The tank level is equalized via the bottom connection between the two tanks. This setup worked great but is somewhat slow to fill.

DCP_0950.JPG DCP_0943.JPG

dhal22 and fencelake like this.
  8. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

Awesome! Thanks for sending the pics