• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 111 v2 prop options?

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
So I recently aquired an EG MX2 with a v2 dle 111. It has about 4 gallons through it and it's ripping a Xoar Carbon fiber 28x10 like mad. It's loud and while it sounds cool every once in awhile this things doing it far too often. Anyone running bigger props to keep the rip down they'd recommend me trying. Really don't want to do a bunch of experimenting with how expensive these props are.

Thanks for your time

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I personally like a little rip... Ok more than a little. I am currently flying a VESS 28b and will be testing a RedwingRC 27x10 this weekend on my 111. I have to say I love this motor!

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Falcon 27X11 or a 3 blade 25X12 or 26X10 are good options. A 28X10 should be fine but the XOAR probably does not provide enough load on the engine.

I'm running a XOAR laminated 27X10 on my 111 with very little rip.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just for comparison I have the VESS 28b and it ripsssss which I love love love! I have the dle-111v3

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
My cousin doesn't think I'll like it. I'll probably toss it on and try to get a couple flights in the morning before my nap before work lol.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Well I'm spinning this 29x9 with authority but it is a tad doggy on the low end. I think I can help that out with some throttle curve adjustments so it's gonna stay on and I'll either get it dialed in or I'll re adjust my style a bit lol

Cravenjw

30cc
I played with Falcon 28x9W on my DLE111 setup. Was on the edge of too much with stock muffs.
Cuts down on the rip, from the falcon 28x9.5, tons of thrust, but you get more torque action happening.
29x9 was too much. More suited for a monster like gp123.
I fly the 28x9W on my piped ZDZ112 piped. but it rips.