• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLA Engines

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ummm.....well uh, umm... hmmm, how can I put this? Oh I know, barrels a blazin'. The updated 128 runs like a scalded dog. I did not change the rings from the factory. I left the motor pretty much "UNTOUCHED" other than to bolt it on. I figured it is either going to run, or it isn't. I am really pleased right now. The re-install actually was much easier than the original bolt on. And I was able to do some clean up of the wiring and such. I think it looks pretty good now.

I am uploading a video of the first start up and run. I'll post it as soon as it finishes processing. Please everyone, don't fall asleep in the first five minutes. Just sit down with @pawnshopmike and eat some of his popcorn. It was not near as difficult to start as the first one, however it did take 228 flips before she finally caught. I hate new motors. But...after that, every single restart was one flip or two. I even let it sit for thirty minutes and one flip and up and running. The temps in open air are down from the first one by 30 degrees. I was getting readings of 172 to 180. Second run was 150 to 165.

It looks promising for a Weekend maiden. YES!!!!!!:way_to_go: