• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DL 100

I have a well used DL100, been around for many, many flights (probably the best, strongest running engine I own). Would like to send it to have it checked out, freshened up, etc. Any idea who services these engines now that DL is split into DLE/DLA ? Thanks....

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I send my engines to Aircraft International. A very reasonable hourly rate and she comes back a few days later ready to go.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Unfortunately as others have stated, I don't think you'll find anyone... Best thing you can do is love it while you can, and just keep having fun with it!

Bought my Matt Chapman CAP580 five years ago used with a used DL100 on it. Been an absolutely outstanding engine. Due to a dumb thumb move, the CAP no longer exist. Since I have the down time on the old engine, I thought it would be good to send it somewhere and have it checked out, updated, etc. If there is no service possible for it, not the end of the world. I got my money's worth a long time ago out of this engine. It has been as good running, strong, trouble free, dependable engine as I have ever owned. NEVER an issue in 5 years of flying it on my CAP. It would pull my 27 lb CAP straight up every time on take off and never quite pulling. Now I just need another CAP to put it on.....