• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wanted Dave Patrick Ultimate 120 Plans

Thanks Guys!

You are probably correct about the cost.

If you hear back from DP it would interesting to find out if the plans are for sale at any rate.

Thanks guys for your help!

Thanks for the link.

That is the Carl Goldberg kit that Dave Patrick designed for CGM's. I downloaded that one a few days ago but it is a little smaller than I was thinking and it doesn't have any rib / former templates so might be a tough build without those details.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Best to my knowledge The "Dave Patrick" Ultimate 120 was only offered as an ARC or ARF. No plans. I got a buddy, who still avidly builds, who has the upper wing and parts of a lower wing that he has held on too for years. Would you be interested if I put you in touch with him? I do need to verify that he still has those wings though.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Just learned that the DP Ultimate was 60" which at least provides you with a scaling factor to make the 54" plans match those actual wings if you can get them.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just learned that the DP Ultimate was 60" which at least provides you with a scaling factor to make the 54" plans match those actual wings if you can get them.

That's a great idea. I do see the CG plans and kits pop up time to time on ebay. And more than likely on other forums as well.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
A guy on facebook posted that he has i-struts, a stripped down fuselage, cowl, landing gear, and drawings for the horizontal stab that he drew.

rarcdon

30cc
I took a set of Dave Patrick's Bucker Jungmann plans from the Goldberg kit and enlarged them from 62" to 86". I had a kit so I was able to take the critical fuselage shaping formers and trace them to enlarge them. Cut new larger formers to keep the fuselage shape. Instead of using lite ply for fuselage sides like the original kits, I made a 3/8" balsa truss sheeted with 1/8" balsa (like a Carden kit). The key was getting a design that worked with available cowls. I started out sizing it to fit a Dave Patrick Extra 300 cowl (shooting for the same width) but that cowl was not right in the vertical dimension. Ended up with a 33% Hangar 9 Edge 540 that just happened to fit perfect. Totally by chance!! Wing ribs were cut by hand which is not at all difficult to do with the right tools/methods.

I do have a Goldberg Ultimate kit with plans and might be interested in doing something similar to the Bucker. I'm generally flying bigger planes these days so I'm not too keen on the idea of going from 54" to 60". now something like 54" to 75-80" might be worth further consideration. If you're not interested in that, I might be talked into just doing a fellow modeler a favor and tracing the critical pieces and sending you the paper to enlarge.

Thanks for looking,

Don

Here's my Bucker: 86"wingspan at 23lbs. with a DA-60 for power

IMG_2103.JPG