• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

Here is the landing gear, need to finish painting the wheel pants, but, at least now, they are installed.
and, then need to install the landing gear to the fuselage.

I did something different this time, something i never done before. You all know how we put blind nuts into ply that is glued on to the inside of the wheel pants, then we use screws thru the landing gear and into the wheel pants. How many of you have had those blind nuts come off over time, and then a real PITA to screw the wheel pants on?

On this one, i used ply wood blocks glued in to inside, then i obtained a long 4-40 screw, placed it with a washer from inside the inner half of the wheel pant, and it comes out, then i glued the screw in and put a blind nut on the outside!!! North screws slide into the two holes on the landing gear, and then i use two lock nuts to hold it on!!!

Works great!

IMG_8870.JPG