• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

Finished making the shroud. Came out real good.!!! This will get painted red.

The edges were rolled over 1st, glued in this position. I then waited for this to cure.
IMG_8435.JPG

this is the rail where the screws will go thru to the baffle plates, with blind nuts on the bottom side.

IMG_8436.JPG

I am using that 2x 4 with the screws to help mold the shape. I also made measurements to assure i was snipping and cutting to make up for the staggered cylinders.

IMG_8438.JPG

This is after applying the layer of tape and fiberglass.
IMG_8439.JPG

IMG_8440.JPG

This is the final product!! Quite light as well!

IMG_8441.JPG

IMG_8442.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMG_8444.JPG

Looks like I can cut some more on the top cowl, to let more air in.

IMG_8445.JPG
IMG_8446.JPG

Top cowl is finished. Getting ready to primer it. The bottom cowl, I need to design air escape/louvres, etc... then it will be ready.
IMG_8447.JPG
IMG_8448.JPG

Three coats of primer are on now! Can you see what I see??
These are pesky little pinholes. Let the hard times begin!!
Time to fill each and everyone of these will glazing putty, then sand down, they apply one more coat of primer.

IMG_8449.JPG
IMG_8450.JPG

The baffle plate is almost ready, after trimming, snipping, filling, etc...
Next is to glue on the anterior and posterior tabs, then I can work on bottom cowl prep to prime.

IMG_8451.JPG
IMG_8452.JPG

The Shroud is finished!! I painted it with automotive engine paint, that is good for up to 500 degrees F. I hope I never get there!

IMG_8456.JPG
IMG_8457.JPG