• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-85 prop

Ant

50cc
Yup, I just ordered a Xoar 26x10 beechwood. If I like it, I might switch to a carbon in that size.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
The carbon 26x10 is my spare prop, last year i found 2 on Aircraft International close out sale. Paid $29 for each. Put 1 on my plane with a carbon spinner, whice had a plastic back plate. We thought we had all tight as could be, spinner came off in flight and it turned out the prop and all came loose. Destroyed that prop in a few minutes, and later i read other people had problems with that cheap ass plastic back plate. Got a alum spinner on it now.

Ant

50cc
Yeah, I've herad this before about plastic back plates. I use the Mejzlik and it has an aluminum back plate.

Ant

50cc
Yesterday, I finally got to try out the 26x10 Xoar beechwood and I love it! This combo pulls the plane right out of a hover, makes harriers much easier and the plane doesn't take nearly as much runway to land as it did with the 26x12....this prop rips a bit, but it's pretty cool. Happy guy..

The plane is the EF 91 Extra

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That video is some good stuff. I love watching vid's like this.
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ant

50cc
orthobird said
Hello Anthony!! you still have the same EF Extra? and if so, how many flights would you say you have on that DA 85?
Hi Cam,yes I still have the same Extra. The plane has between 150-175 flights, 40 of those are with the DA-85. It would be more, but a few weeks ago, the front end of the engine developed a bearing leak, so the engine is at DA.

reyn3545

100cc
I don't know if any of you actually work on these motors or not... but if you do... I have 2 DA85 motors that I'll ship to you for $200.  Both have been in a crash. One of them might be fine, but I'd want to send it back to DA before I started it again.  The other one (I took the head off) looks to be in pretty good shape, but the shaft is pushed back to the point where the crank rubs on the inner wall of the block.  Both heads, pistons, blocks SEEM to be in good shape, no scoring on the cylinder walls or pistons, etc..  I decided to move to a larger plane, so I have no use for these.  

If anyone wants them, I'm sure that collectively they're worth $200.... let me know... free shipping to the continental US.

Edit.... I'll include the ignition modules, and they might work fine, but both of the pick-ups look pretty beat up.

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
Running a Falcon 27/10 on a DA 85 in my Radiowave 2.5 Extra 300. Sport flying, moderate 3D. Plenty of speed and torque. Also have a Falcon 26/10 that spools up much faster so more low end. I think if I were flying 3D the 26/10 would be the best on my plane. I have the only one flying in my area so nothing down here in Augusta to compare it to.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Ant,

FWIW, we had a Mejzlik 27" x 10" thin on our DA85 for over a year. It is on a 100cc MX2. We were satisfied with the combination, until we had a mishap, and had to get a new prop. We put a Falcon 27" x 9" carbon, and it has been different as night and day. Pulls out of a hover "right now". This is on a 24.5 pound airplane. So, you might consider it.

Best thing that's ben told here so far IMHO