• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 120 brass and fuel tubing ID size 1/8 or 5/32?

Pilots, Builders,

I build my own tanks, no plug and play tanks for me. I have until now only flown 100cc or less. I'm assembling a new model and will be installing a DA 120 motor. I'd like your practical advice on a 32 oz tank for the brass tubing size and fuel tubing size. The manual suggests 1/8, the carb fuel inlet is 1/8, the fuel dot from DA is 1/8. Smells like 1/8 to me, but I have heard 5/32 is a must. Your thoughts? Please provide some type of background on why you prefer either, practical advice rather than simple opinion.

thank you.

sc

Never used the bigger stuff on my DA 100. An old timer told me once the engine will suck what it needs no matter what size you use.

thank you, Hoosier...

I like that advice, the carb will pump what it needs, and there is a bowl which should help when a surge for fuel takes place.
keep it coming guys...

sc

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Pilots, Builders,

I build my own tanks, no plug and play tanks for me. I have until now only flown 100cc or less. I'm assembling a new model and will be installing a DA 120 motor. I'd like your practical advice on a 32 oz tank for the brass tubing size and fuel tubing size. The manual suggests 1/8, the carb fuel inlet is 1/8, the fuel dot from DA is 1/8. Smells like 1/8 to me, but I have heard 5/32 is a must. Your thoughts? Please provide some type of background on why you prefer either, practical advice rather than simple opinion.

thank you.

sc
What Robo and Bunky said. Both right on the money. Bottlenecks are just that. Ya can't shove a bowling ball through a tennis ball launcher.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Ok, for the sake of the conversation..... not that it will make a huge difference. I use 5/32, it all has to do with flow through length. even though it has 1/8" fitting at the carb, it is still less resistance for the pump to suck through 5/32. example: try sucking your soda through a shorter coffee stir straw, then go to a regular length soda straw, then if you can find such, some convenience shops have even larger dia. long straws for large cups, try sucking through one of those. the point here is even though the largest straw is longest, it is easier to suck through. Less resistance on the pump means easier everything. I have never had a problem with leaks at the connection either. In all that though, I know a ton of pilots who use 1/8 and don't have problems either.:agree-disagree: