• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Custom Stik

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
I got frustrated that most the larger Stiks are no longer available..except AMR, so I decided to stick build a new one.
Here is the results. Fuselage is 6" longer than an ultra stik lite. Power is by a DLE55. Gear off an 85cc Sukhoi.
Has two LIFE 2100 batteries, IBEC, JR servos and custom pull-pull rudder. Working flaps which will soon be programmed into flaps/ailerons. Wheels off a PilotRC Columbia 400. Covering is Monokote, true red and yellow. 3/4" 2"long brass engine standoffs needed to correct cg. Wing saddle should have been cut 1" more rearward. Hatch built on top fuselage for easy access.
I guessed at cg (main spar) for 1st flight and plane is nose heavy, I will exchange 1 or 2 of the brass standoffs for aluminum and refly. Planes flys awesome, lands easy. Not much rudder for knife edge, but I plan on adding a rudder extension to bottom of rudder.

bobzilla
evflyers.com

bobbigred550.jpg

bobzstikunder.jpg

WP_20150306_001.jpg

WP_20150307_005.jpg

bobstikstand550.jpg

redplanes.jpg

JBenson

50cc
Nice. I always loved the Stiks. Model Tech had a good one and the Big Stik was always a blast to fly.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Looks awesome. I have always wanted to fly one of those and see how they fly.

SleepyC

150cc
Nice one! Sticks rule. Usually cost less, fly just as good and keep the pucker factorto a minimum. Haves fun with that guy!

MrAce

New to GSN!
Nice birds, I have a old Spoiler 80" that I was given guy wanted to burn. restored her and recovered Put a 50cc gaser and she really scoots. Very close to the sticks.

MrAce

New to GSN!
Been looking Was going to post for you, but seems I cant find one right now. But i will when I get my Trailer(indoors for the winter) we will shoot you a Pic. The guy that gave it to me saw her after recover/rebuild. he Sorry he gave her up! lol his son said it Ugly any more.