• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Build Log Crude Bulb discharger

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I was sharing this on RCG and though some might benefit from it here. I not only hate how slow the discharge mode is on chargers and from what I hear are not good for the charger with the high heat build up I tried this out as I had the bulbs and wow it works great. It is based on the fact that you have a powerboard. This does not have an automatic shut-off so monitoring is a must. I started off using a DVM plugged into the balance connector and it has been so consistant I now basically set my iPhone timer for notification. I am sure a lot can be improved on but I threw it together one day for my 3S batteries and I just added the 6S series connector so the 12V bulbs are now 24V.

3S 2200's take 6 min and my 6S 3300's take 10 min and batteries are not even warm. I do this on my garage floor because the bulbs do get hot. Like I said crude but effective and it is not like we discharge all the time.

Regioncapture1_zps5c03351d.png

gyro

GSN Contributor
I ran a storage charged on some batteries last night, and it took about an hour to run down my pair of 4s4000 packs.... this would definitely be faster!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I have been reading that thread too and when my Edge is done I might try and add it. The back is pretty bad today but I am going to still try and work through the pain to finish the Edge.