• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Crimping Tool

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Ground the edge off of old wire cutters.

Then Azar sent me some of the Secraft couplers for a review I was doing, no more crimping for me, I have bought them for every pull pull setup since.

http://store.aztechaeromodels.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=coupler&product_id=302 on the rudder end and these on the servo end
http://store.aztechaeromodels.com/i.../product&filter_name=tensioner&product_id=358

So I read on those that us this Secraft setup some do not use the crimp sleeve do you? Seems the crimp would be tighter without it.

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Nope, makes it so you can take it apart without cutting the wire if need be but it doesn't slip.

There's only a crimp if you use the sleeves. The wire loops through then back, then the set screws make it stay put.

I have a lot of combined flights on that setup on a couple planes, no issues. I did find out (I don't fish) that coated 60 lb steel leader line from Wallymart or Academy Sports makes a fantastic pull pull cable for a fraction of the cost.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A pair of 8" slip joint water pump pliers is what I use. Using just the very tip of the teeth, once crimped down, the top jaw will over bite into the crimp collar like a buck toothed, red headed girl biting into a rosey red apple from daddy's apple orchard. Them babies ain't a goin' nowhere.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
..............I did find out (I don't fish) that coated 60 lb steel leader line from Wallymart or Academy Sports makes a fantastic pull pull cable for a fraction of the cost.

that's good to know, thanks!

been using the same sort of players that ericB is using. i use the pinch point near the front though with a brass sleeve and dubro 4/40 threaded fitting for the connector.