• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Crack Yak Mini!

Yep, the video is awesome. Thats why I bought it, although I am many flight hours from being able to fly like Cody. Got my new motor ordered, given the good turn around times coming out of TH I should have it by the next indoor event in my area and give it the proper venue for a maiden. That takes place next Saturday so I will post up my impressions next week!

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the kind words guys! Yes I am very proud of this video. The plane flies awesome and it's got a great pace to it.

HuckinHavoc, I am sorry to hear about your ESC smoking. I have gotten a little snow on mine as well but I guess I was lucky as it did not affect it.

The one drawback to this system is that if there is an issue like that, you need to replace the motor and ESC instead of just an ESC or just a motor. We tried for a long time to find motors and ESC's small and powerful enough to have them as separate units but all of the other motors were bad quality, weak, had awful mounting methods, no prop saver, or unreasonable KV's.

Cody

hone

150cc
Looking forward to hearing what you think. Based on my previous purchases from TH i have no doubt this one is a winner. I'll probably get one after my current project is done.

Apparently me, fluids, and this airplane don't get along. I just dropped one of the batteries in my coffee when I was cinnecting it to my charger. What are the chances? LOL!

I bought 6 so its all good. The one I dunked might be alright, didnt discharge and is balanced. Going to let it set in a lipo bag and see how it does.

Flew the Mini CY at the indoor fly-in last night. How did I like it? Well lets just say that I am super tired this morning because I didn't leave the facility until 3AM!

This thing is awesome. If you are on the fence just do yourself a favor and buy it. The stock power combo worked flawlessly. I was a little concerned about the stock tail servos because they seemed noisy and jittery on the bench but they seemed locked in in the air. Madien flight took couple clicks of trim on each control surface and the sevos held the trim for subsequent packs. I found the suggested CG to be right on and cut the battey sot right after the maiden.

This aircframe is capable of preforming any manuver you throw at it. I passed the controls off to a very talanted friend and it was like I was watching Cody's video in person and it was impressive. The roll rate is insane and this thing flys stiff and does not wander.

The only thing that I felt this airframe did not do as well as its larger counter part is super low speed super high alpha harriers. May have just been me and not being used to a new plane, but it seemed like if I got too high alpha it would want to break on me. However if you keep your airspeed up and your AoA more shallow it does fine. In fact, it does so well that this will be my go to plane for practicing rolling harriers indoors.

I just cant express enough how many manuvers you can fit into an area with this airframe. This airframe accels at high energy manuvers and rolling manuvers. The KE was locked in and no mixing was necessary.

I put the model through some durability testing. It is more fragile than the full size counterparts butmyou can still beat it around. I ended up cacking the wooden motor mount on the nose, but I continued to fly it like that all night and it was fine. I would suggest reinforcing this area by soaking the wood in thin CA or get the carbon kit.

This airframe has earned itself a perminate pot in my hanger so one I wear this one out I will build a version with the carbon upgrade kit.

Thanks to the design team at TH for putting in the work on this one, it really is alot of fun!

Oh yes... I had to remove snow and dirt from the motor/ESC assembly several times. Still works great!

Glad you had beter luck with that. I am still gun shy of trying it in wet stuff again. I am anxious to read your review, hopefully you are liking yours as much as I am.