• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool old school planes??

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
A Swede Acro-Star 120cc. Did not 3w Modelbaugh offer one up?

Attachments

• acrostar.jpg
    acrostar.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 261

BalsaDust

I plan on building a pretty scaled out T6 one day. I already have a set of plans scaled up to the size I want just need to redesign a lot of it to cut some weight.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I would love to see a giant scale p-38 also! make it electric (2x 30cc size) so you don't have to deal with the mess of huge batteries, or dual engine hassle.

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
I always liked the Diabolo. I had a couple 1.20 sized EZ Arfs Diabolo's back in the day that flew great. Still have one. Seems like someone offered a 1/3 kit years ago.
ILA_04_Dallach_Diabolo.jpg
Tr50370.jpg

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
We had an El diablolo. We had carden El bandito too. That was such an awesome plane. Pretty much like a laser 200.

Laser 200
Cap 232
Sukhoi
Extra 230
Staducter (sp)

Those are the main ones I remember pre 3d time. When if you had a g-62 you had the cats meow. When you had a ton of power if you could snapp on take off, pull straight up and could get to about 300 ft before you ran out of power. The good old days!

tylerzx9r

100cc
We had an El diablolo. We had carden El bandito too. That was such an awesome plane. Pretty much like a laser 200.

Laser 200
Cap 232
Sukhoi
Extra 230
Staducter (sp)

Those are the main ones I remember pre 3d time. When if you had a g-62 you had the cats meow. When you had a ton of power if you could snapp on take off, pull straight up and could get to about 300 ft before you ran out of power. The good old days!
Jake talks about pre 3-D time...... he was young, but seemed to be a natural at performing what we look back on and call 3-D, at least that's what I have been told! After learning a lot from him, and watching him fly, I agree with all the others that say..... " The Kid could fly a paper sack and everyone would buy one"! Nice Job on Raising an RC 3-D natural Randy! Thanks for Sharing your Knowledge Jake, I sure appreciate it!

CEThomas

50cc
Solution Bi-plane. If I could build another one with all the new techniques that has come out over the past 14yrs. WOW..

planebow

New to GSN!
I am with extranuts on this, I had an easy kit with an enya 120r in it, At the time it was a great plane, bought the planes that Jim Papino had nfor this plane, I am just finishing up one that I modified from the plans to incude a plug in wing aVVRC 20 for power. Plane on scaling it up a bit for a 35.