• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Just ordered some Hitec 7254HV servos, Scorpion 4020-1350 motor, scorpion backup guard, 3x Glacier 6s 3300mah batteries, MKS BL980 HV Titanium gear tail servo, and a Sbus Futaba receiver. Is it February 12th yet? :tomcruise:

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
when i come up and see you fly a helicopter maybe you can talk me into getting one. have never seen a decent size heli fly in person. matter of fact only seen a indoor heli

ha now thats funny

They are much more fun to fly/ watch fly in person, than on a simulator or on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Well everything is in line for the Goblin 500(Hitec 7245HV, MKS BLS980HV, Mini Vbar, x3 Glacier 3300mah 6s, Castle Talon 90, Scorpion backup guard, and Futaba Sbus receiver. . I am just waiting on a Scorpion 4020-1350kv motor and the kit :banana:.

Is it Feb. 12th yet??
2013-02-01_16-18-53_241.jpg

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Do you use the backup gaurd on your other helis?

No, but after seeing how this works and everything. I might get one for the Aurora.

It is basically a 2s 500mah battery regulated down to 5v. It has a switch on it, after connecting your battery you turn the switch on and the red light comes on. It isn't using any battery life while you are in flight UNLESS you loose BEC power, only then will it turn on and regulate your servos to 5v, after your flight you turn off the backup guard and then unplug the flight battery. It is a awesome concept, and it works too. (tested it by disconnecting BEC, I still had servo power with the backup guard).

When it has 30% or less battery life the red light will blink. Good investment for only $25.

I have it plugged into the Vbar with a Y-harness to the ESC. When the ESC is off, I still have full servo power (but only 5v). When the ESC is on, the backup guard is off, and I have 7.4v

Last edited by a moderator:

3dplank

70cc twin V2
No, but after seeing how this works and everything. I might get one for the Aurora.

It is basically a 2s 500mah battery regulated down to 5v. It has a switch on it, after connecting your battery you turn the switch on and the red light comes on. It isn't using any battery life while you are in flight UNLESS you loose BEC power, only then will it turn on and regulate your servos to 5v, after your flight you turn off the backup guard and then unplug the flight battery. It is a awesome concept, and it works too. (tested it by disconnecting BEC, I still had servo power with the backup guard).

When it has 30% or less battery life the red light will blink. Good investment for only $25.

I have it plugged into the Vbar with a Y-harness to the ESC. When the ESC is off, I still have full servo power (but only 5v). When the ESC is on, the backup guard is off, and I have 7.4v

I was looking at that before. Great insurance for shizzel.

Status
Not open for further replies.